Payments Journal: Webinar “How Direct Express® Impacts the Lives of Millions of Unbanked Americans”
Join Us Tuesday February 8th
at 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
Over a decade ago, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service faced the challenge of phasing out paper checks in favor of an electronic payment option (per an EFT mandate). This was made more complex by the fact that millions of Americans do not have a bank account or other means of receiving electronic payments.
This challenge was overcome through Direct Express®, a prepaid, network-branded debit card, provided to unbanked federal beneficiaries. It enables the government to deposit federal benefit payments directly into a card account and provides the mainstream financial capability of a debit card for unbanked beneficiaries who might otherwise be limited to a cash-only existence.
This webinar, the speakers will discuss:
– The evolution of prepaid debit cards in the United States.
– The history and story of the Direct Express® program.
– The importance of electronic payment options during the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Enhancements to the program, including financial capability education.
The webinar will also include videos featuring Direct Express® cardholders, who will highlight what the program means to their lives.
About the Speakers:
– Ryan McEndarfer, Editor-in-Chief, Payments Journal (Moderator)
– Tim Sloan, Vice President, Payments Innovation, Mercator
– Brett Smith, Director, Payment Strategy and Innovation, Fiscal Service
– Al Taylor, Director, National Bank Card Services, Comerica
– Kendra Brown, Vice President, Public Policy, Mastercard®
Больше информации на сайте организатора: https://vw4.ru/2oe0